Preparing your property for the rental market is hugely important and a well presented home is likely to maximise your rental value and ensure you receive attention from the most desirable tenants in the marketplace.
Here at Lettings Direct we've compiled a Five Point Checklist for landlords to run through before entering a rental property onto the market. We know from experience that if a tenant receives a property in good order they are more likely to look after it and return it good condition.
We've found this list isn't exhaustive and if you stick to these key points you'll find your property is easier managed, less expensive to run and better looked after by the right type of tenants!
- FLOORING: All carpets and flooring should be professionally cleaned ensuring any mould, mildew, or stains are removed. Look to replace those that are tired and beyond repair.
- PAINTWORK: Keep your paint work neutral in colours and easy to keep clean. You should also patch up any obvious holes or chips in the walls and for best presentation, repaint the accommodation between leases.
- KITCHEN: Ensure that all kitchen units, cookers, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dryer are cleaned thoroughly and in full working order.
- FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: This includes taps, showers, tubs, toilets, and any other fixtures. Make sure that plumbed fixtures do not leak and that they are in full working repair. If a fixture is consistently causing problems, it may be easier and even cheaper to replace it to avoid future problems.
- GARDENS: Gardens should be neat and tidy and presented as you'd like them to be kept.
WHAT IS AN INVENTORY AND MOVE IN REPORT?
We often get asked by landlords, why do I need an inventory, there is nothing in my property, it's unfurnished, surely it's an expense I don't need to incur? My answer is always the same - it's vital that you offer a proper, detailed inventory of a property to a tenant upon move in.
Lettings Direct is Now In Sales!
After a triumphant year for the team and the buisness, we are delighted to announce an exciting new move into property sales. This latest development has allowed us to offer a turnkey service for our landlord clients looking to sell, grow or let their property portfolio.