Preparing your property for the rental market is hugely important and a well presented home is likely to maximise your rental value and ensure you receive attention from the most desirable tenants in the marketplace.
Here at Lettings Direct we've compiled a Five Point Checklist for landlords to run through before entering a rental property onto the market. We know from experience that if a tenant receives a property in good order they are more likely to look after it and return it good condition.
We've found this list isn't exhaustive and if you stick to these key points you'll find your property is easier managed, less expensive to run and better looked after by the right type of tenants!
- FLOORING: All carpets and flooring should be professionally cleaned ensuring any mould, mildew, or stains are removed. Look to replace those that are tired and beyond repair.
- PAINTWORK: Keep your paint work neutral in colours and easy to keep clean. You should also patch up any obvious holes or chips in the walls and for best presentation, repaint the accommodation between leases.
- KITCHEN: Ensure that all kitchen units, cookers, fridge, freezer, washing machine, dryer are cleaned thoroughly and in full working order.
- FIXTURES AND FITTINGS: This includes taps, showers, tubs, toilets, and any other fixtures. Make sure that plumbed fixtures do not leak and that they are in full working repair. If a fixture is consistently causing problems, it may be easier and even cheaper to replace it to avoid future problems.
- GARDENS: Gardens should be neat and tidy and presented as you'd like them to be kept.
Lettings Direct Perth is an independent lettings and property management company which has been operating in the city since 2011. We have experienced considerable growth over the past few years and now require a Lettings Assistant to support the Lettings Team in our busy office.
The position requires a friendly, efficient individual with a keen eye for detail and a great way with people. The right candidate for this responsible part-time role will be highly organised, able to prioritise quickly, remain calm under pressure, and possess excellent customer service skills.
Based at our city centre office, this person will be a first point of contact for many of our tenants and landlords, delivering on our promise of exceptional client care. The position also requires visits to our properties – a driving license is a must – including taking inventories and inspection visits.
From answering phones to replying to emails, dealing with property enquiries to arranging viewings and tradesmen visits, the role is varied and busy.
Lettings Direct are committed to the development of its staff. The team will fully support the successful candidate and training will be provided in-house, particularly in relation to customer systems and online portals. This role gives the candidate the chance to join a booming and dynamic organisation with the opportunity to learn and forge a rewarding career.
This is a part-time position offering 10 to 20 hours per week. As an essential service, the position is available for an immediate start. Click over to our website for full details.
Reporting to: Julie Cumming, Director of Lettings Direct
Office Location: 8 Atholl Crescent, Perth PH1 5NG
Hours: 10-20 hours per week. From time to time, some additional work may be required.
WHAT IS AN INVENTORY AND MOVE IN REPORT?
We often get asked by landlords, why do I need an inventory, there is nothing in my property, it's unfurnished, surely it's an expense I don't need to incur? My answer is always the same - it's vital that you offer a proper, detailed inventory of a property to a tenant upon move in.